7 months, 2 weeks ago VisuParticipant
- Posts: 56
Now that its not easy to maintain cows at the farm due to lack of labour its becoming tough to deal with weeds, especially if you don’t want to take the round-up route.
Brush cutter by ramakumar industries coimbatore – They say it reduces/controls the weed by 70% and doesn’t need the land to be moist for this to work.
And it has two blades, pretty big ones that does the job, you gotta be careful not to have big stones around that might damage the blades. During my run several coconuts that were hidden in the weeds where broke into pieces.
Here is the weed that has taken over the farm, some say it’s a type of spinach. Ponnakanni keerai. Not totally sure if its edible, there were a ton of grasshoppers though.
And here are some pics after using the bush cutter
Closer look after using the brush cutter
Will see how this goes, especially would be interested to see how much of this re-grows.
Few other things to note here:
- We got the 4feet model that costs Rs: 45,000 including delivery, demo and installation.
- Had to run on Low – First gear at 540 speed.
- Still would need a hand-held brush cutter that can get to places this can’t.
- Felt this is quicker to run compared to rotavator.
- Was able to complete about 12acres in 3 days (6hours/day).
- We were warned the blade gets broken quick during the first run and it costs about Rs:2500 for the new ones.
Questions or comments, post them below and would love to answer.
7 months, 2 weeks ago VimalParticipant
- Posts: 15
Thanks for sharing. Definitely keep us updated on if this re-grows or it really help solve the weed problem or atleast reduce.